Who are we:
New Heart is a Baptist Church (NHBC) whose mission is to ‘make disciples who make disciples.’ We are looking for a Church Administrator (CA) to join our staff at our Rochedale location.
About the role:
This is a permanent part-time position of four (4-5) days per week with flexibility around the start and finish times.
As our CA, you will oversight all aspects of church administration, manage other administration staff, and work closely with our external bookkeeper.
You will report to the Senior Pastor and work closely with pastoral staff and key leaders such as the church treasurer.
The applicant will need to be interdependent, self-motivated and an initiator. This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal skills, administration and office management experience, and are able to handle your position with grace and understanding.
- An active and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be regularly attending a church
- Alignment with our mission, vision and values
- Must have prior experience in administration.
- A naturally organised and efficient person with experience in administration and office management
- Self-motivated and an initiator
- Extensive experience with administrative software and programs
- Experience with databases – there will be training in the database we use
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A positive personality
How to apply: Applications can be sent to [email protected] before 5.00pm on 8 October 2021
As part of your application, we would ask you to provide us with:
- A work resume – with two referees: one church related and one work related
- A cover letter outlining how your qualifications demonstrate how your experience and skills match our requirements for a CA
- The answers to the Selection Criteria Questions below
Please answer the following questions in less than 150 words per question, as part of your application for this position.
- Go to our website and read Discover New Heart. Discuss.
- Give some examples of your latest experience in church, or other organisations, administration.
- What do you see as important qualities in a CA role?
- Are there any other skills, strengths and qualifications you would bring to the role, and to us as a church?
- What areas of the role will stretch and challenge you?
- Provide details of your experience with software and programs: eg Microsoft Office