Vision Christian Media is looking for a talented and gifted marketing professional and event planner to join our ministry team as our National Promotions Coordinator. The position is a newly created role dedicated to promoting our media ministry services and the good news of God across Australia.
• Full-time position
• Brisbane location (Ideal but open)
• Immediate start
• Applications close at midnight Sunday, 14th of August 2022
This is a team member role, working with Australia’s most successful national media ministry. Your mission if successful is to serve in collaboration with the Partnerships and Marketing departments, to deliver market awareness and brand-building activities through planning, coordinating, and executing a twelve-month national calendar of events and specific promotional activities. (I.e. Event launches, event sponsorships, local area programs; conferences, trade shows and community pop-up stands).
The successful applicant will also have a strong focus on sound biblical teaching and a clear Christian worldview and practice, for integrity and accountability.
This is more than just a job; it is a ministry opportunity and part of a personal calling and gifting in marketing services, ministry and brand development.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit ministry organization, dedicated to bringing the Good News of the Gospel throughout media to Australia since 1988. While Vision began in community radio and printed publications, and will continue to do so, today we have also incorporated digital, mobile, and video platforms to adjust to changing market needs, to assist in fulfilling our mission as best we can, with God’s guidance.
Across Australia and beyond people tune in and turn to us for encouragement, uplifting music and compelling messages through broadcast radio, printed and digital publications, podcasts, apps, and websites. We also operate a telephone prayer service and online store to help people find and look to God daily. https://vision.org.au/about-us
The role is to establish and drive nationwide events and conference strategy that increases the number, loyalty, participation, and retention of new audiences and supporters; while building brand awareness and reach of our media ministry services in every state around Australia. This will include arranging point of sale conference displays, targeted promotional programs, new station launches, and actively networking throughout the Christian community. Aligned to this, the role is responsible to oversee the planning and execution of conference and sponsorship negotiating, supplier sourcing, logistics, quality control, and set up of all Vision’s pop-up stands and stalls. Overseeing total event management and interrelated community relations activity.
Requirements for the role
The ideal applicant will have:
• Appropriate sector qualification in marketing, PR or event management
• Proven experience in event management planning and delivery
• Planning budgets and managing promotional campaigns
• Have car license and car and able to travel by airplane regularly when required
• Able and willing to physically set up pop-up stalls and display stands
• Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experienced in working with people, and maintaining good client relationships
• Willingness to investigate and recommend ideas where appropriate
• Confident outgoing personality, strong communicator and negotiator
• Proven experience in relationship management, building loyalty, and support
• Good time management awareness and ability to multitask under pressure
• Strong self-awareness and highly motivated in the pursuit of excellence
• Mature, balanced theology and wise discerning judgment
• Work full-time with flexibility for occasional weekend events
• Position is based at our Springwood, Queensland offices, but open for alternative
• Willingness to align with our organisation’s mission, values, and core beliefs. https://vision.org.au/core-beliefs
How to apply
This full-time position is ideally based at our offices in Springwood, Queensland.
If this role sounds like you and would like to share our Vision, please click the “Apply Now ” link and provide us with your resume and cover letter by midnight Sunday 14th of August 2022.
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages:
• Tell us why you are interested in this position
• Demonstrate you have the skills, experience and heart to be successful in the role
Only applicants who live in Australia with the right to work here should apply.
The position will be filled when the right candidate is identified; early applications are